8/06/2004

The Getaway

I met Dane for lunch this afternoon, and one of the topics up for discussion was the length of my posts. "Dere too many words," he sputtered with his mouth full of pizza, "You know I can't read good!" Well Dane, this one's for you. Short and simple, with pretty pictures to boot. Now prop up your chin and stop drooling all over yourself.

I got new glasses today. The JDN stock value skyrocketed twenty points due to speculation, but came crashing down early this evening due to disappointment in the design changes.

You may remember Rob and Lynn, two of my associates who had the "honour" of being mentioned in the second post of this blog. Well, today was the grand opening of their store, The Hart Mart a.k.a. Glacier Boardshop! I pencilled in a little face time to see how those two crazy kids were doin'. They must be doing something right, because kids with Glacier decks are getting banned from the Bike n' Board. No soup for you, Loyal Mah! But it's a nice store, I must admit. Rob and Lynn are going to be the cool aunt and uncle of Rocky's board-obsessed youth. In other news, I might be designing the website for their business. I've submitted some of my previous work, and they're going to decide if I have the necessary cojones. My asking price, if they think I'm good enough for the job, is a new pair of shoes. God bless communal trade. To help curry their favor, I bought some shirts and a pair of shorts. They were bought with the special Fuck It discount, where the cashier makes an error in my favor but doesn't feel like fixing it. Thanks, Lynn!

Normally, I don't like to wear shorts. However, I'm going on a mini-vacation for the next four days in the glorious Shuswaps of British Columbia, which has made them rather necessary. Yes, we're having our annual family get-together, and it's special because this will be the first appearance I've made in four years. I'm not sure if I'll be posting during that time, but I'm bringing my laptop anyway. You know, in case something cool happens. Heh.

What will we be doing? Well, if it's like any other year, we'll be...



...seeing the sights!


...tubing!


...engaging in polite and intelligent discussions!


...sledding?


...encouraging positive youth behavior!


...dreaming the impossible dream!

Gonna be a blast, I tells ya! See you in four - whether that means days or hours, I'm not entirely sure.