5/21/2004

I will crush your pathetic dreams! How's next Thursday for you?

(Please note that this post was composed on May 13, 2004)

Criminy, how is it that a day that started off so pleasant can devolve into something so hideous?! Well, that's a bit of hyperbole right there but the day sure ended up crappy. Sheesh, I even did a (sort-of) good thing by rooting through all our home movies and digging out the one my mom's been dying to see lately. Okay, so it's not that great. Judge not, lest ye be judged. I was flying high when I pulled up to work listening to I Had the Time of My Life from Dirty Dancing, which is probably a scarier scene than you want to imagine. So I have shitty tapes, what're you gonna do? Unfortunately, the second I walked in the door all the fuzzy feelings melted away. Sherry started ranting to me about ignorant customers and my evil creditor who won't stop bugging the shit out of everyone. Didn't really put a positive spin on things. After that, little annoying crap just kept building up and up until the end of the night when I could probably shatter glass just by staring at it. Hoo - boy. In more positive news Dane and I are probably going to see Troy tomorrow night and rendez-vous with Rob later. Been about six months since I've seen Rob; last November to be exact. There's really no reason why it's been that long; it's just the miracle of procrastination at work. "Yeah, I don't feel like leaving the house today. I'll call 'im next week." Of course, the fact it's my turn to buy the pizza this time probably makes up some of it, too. Lo and behold, six months have gone by, Rob is sporting dreadlocks and new tattoos, there's no more bloody snow on the ground, and nothing else of great import has happened. That's the beauty of having married friends; you can drop in pretty much whenever and guarantee nothing's changed since the last time you saw them. Well, until the rabbit dies, anyway. God help you when you're visiting in that situation. But regardless, it should be a decent night. Now that Rob despises Rocky's "night-life" it's probably going to be a ganja-fest through and through.