9/13/2004

Prosaic Putridosity

Before I start, I'd just like to say that After School Knife Fight has beaten out Rival Schools in the category of My Favorite Band Name Utilizing the Word School. And on that note I'd like to continue by saying that Xiu Xiu's Brian the Vampire is the best song title I've ever heard.

Oh, and just to let you know, I haven't actually heard any of those bands.

Some kids were in the store a few weeks back shopping for candy. They were all dressed in the goth-punk look that appears to be the rage lately; well, everyone except for the one girl's boyfriend, who was decked out in a Darkness shirt (which he never appears to take off) and tight women's jeans. Anyway, they were discussing their trip to Warped Tour, when one of the girls squealed "I got to meet My Chemical Romance! EEEEEE!". At which point every one of them started squealing in unison. Except for the guy, thank goodness; he was content to stand around looking tough. After all, you never know when the Pixie Stiks are gonna start frontin'. I could go into what I found troubling about that whole scene, but it would take a lot more time and effort than I'm willing to give.

The archetypes never change, they just wear different clothes.

I received a gigantic shock this morning when I entered the stock room of the store to find a five-foot tall skeleton staring at me. Huh, it appears the boss is getting ready for Halloween early this year. Oh yeah, did I mention this skeleton is wearing a glittery tuxedo and top hat. And not only that, but sings and dances as well? Goddamnit, if this thing sings the Monster Mash, I'ma gonna be stealin' this thing the beginning of November...