6/03/2004

Some philosophy for y'all...

Found a really interesting post on Douglas Rushkoff's site; I figured I might as well share it with all three of you who regularly read this blog. Frankly, this couldn't have been posted at a better time because I've been pondering the notion of "toxic" individuality myself lately. It's kismet, I tell you! I'm just going to add my own little addendum to what he says, though. Free to be me, what's the problem? Well, to me being free to be yourself amounts to little more than buying into a pre-packaged notion of what you can be. I find it troubling the amount of categories there are in culture today. This is and always will be, so any complaint about is a moot point, however. What I find lamentably sad is how many people are more than willing to toss themselves in one of these boxes, declare themselves "individuals", and make it a point to declare themselves at a level above every one in the same box. That's my opinion (uninformed, as always) for the day.

Follow the trail of ones and zeroes