7/11/2004

A Change of Pace

Useless Information: This will be the first post I've composed at home since... well, ever. So as you can imagine, it's a rather exciting time for me. Free from the constraints of my job, I can finally let loose and tell you everything that you've been dying to hear; that I've been dying to tell! So here we go. Now. I'm gonna start now. Maybe... now. Now? Screw it, I've got nothin'. Guess this is going to be the usual crap, then.

In a move that will no doubt shock long time readers, I finally took some time off recently; this past Thursday and Friday to be exact. Yep, I came into work on Thursday evening and I could barely stand straight. I was just too damn burnt out; I begged the boss to give me the night off before I passed out on the spot. Seeing the shape I was in he agreed, at which point I promptly woke up and went to visit a friend. Heh, five weeks straight. Half of them were at least eleven hours long. I don't know what possessed me to give up smoking at the tail end of a stretch like that; hell, if anything, I should be smoking more. But I'm not. Oh, I'm so conflicted...

Follow Me Go Shopping Eh, Me Go Shopping

Ah yesh, went on a shmall shopping shpree, I did. Sheeing ash there'sh nothing more intereshting than hearing shome ash-hole talking bout hish endeavoursh ash a conshumer, I shhall deshcribe them for you ash to masshage your brainsh. Imposhibbible!

First, a question for gamers: Don't the Hypello from Final Fantasy X(-2) kick ass? Ride zat shoopuf, baby!

DVDs! I picked up Bad(der) Santa, Catch-22, and the South Park Season 4 set. Now, before I continue, I'd just like to point out a discovery of mine. Rather informal this; just something I've noticed along the way. There seems to be an odd relationship between how quick-witted someone is and how much they like South Park. Really annoying and buffoonish persons hate it, while intelligent and enjoyable people like it. So, it's best to keep that in mind before you start sneering at my decision to purchase the set. Of course, it should also be pointed out that the most intelligent and enjoyable people don't care either way because they have the sense not to get emotionally involved with a television program. And for the most part, I must concur with that sentiment. But five words: Don't Fuck With Mr. Show.

I also picked up The Rundown previously viewed. This is probably not something I should admit on so public of a forum. Regardless, I have to say it does what any good movie should do. It delivers what it promises, and how. Nothing else I can think to say about it at the moment.

Well, I'm starting to peter out here, so I'll leave my thoughts on the Spider-Man 2 game for next time. Don't do anything an enraged pirate with a nasty case of crabs wouldn't do.