6/14/2004

Heh. Even though I tend to bitch about my youngest customers the most, sometimes they can be pretty cool. Case in point; two girls came in the store with a bunch of change to buy candy. This sort of thing I find annoying, but at least they had the good sense to roll it first instead of dumping six tons of pennies and nickels on the counter. Anyways, they bought slushes and polished off the rest of their change with those ten cent rocket lollipops. While I was counting how many they bought one of them started cackling evilly. I gave her a bewildered look, and then she stiffened right up and said "I'm sorry, I'm experiencing technical difficulties at this moment." I think that's the first time a customer's ever made me laugh out loud beyond a bemused chuckle. Besides last week when the guy tripped over the cotton candy stand. It wasn't so much the accident as his reaction to it. It was the most hilarious "DAMMIT!" I've ever heard; the perfect mix of desperation and anger. So, it turns out customers can be pretty cool people sometimes. Who knew?