9/17/2004

Your Stinging Velvet Arms

I've got to make a new Bloblife or risk being kicked off the creative team. My oft-delayed bio is stagnating in its own special corner of the hard drive. There's tons of books I need to tackle. The Gamecube controller is calling out to me to play Tales of Symphonia. Bit of a spare tire I have; perhaps I should exercise a bit. People are screaming at me to finish the next chapter of Super Fun Happy Amazing Hour!!! In Crisis! Hmmm. I think I should start working on some of this. Tomorrow. Yeah. For now, I'm going to wallow in my misery. This almost never happens on my blog.

[deafening laughter ensues]

Yeah, that was a good one! Seriously though, I'm in a bit of a funk right now. After the summer daze, September usually comes in like a refreshing breeze. There's a feeling of rebirth. That is definitely not the case this year. My brain's still fuzzy, I'm feeling beat most of the time. I feel like the personification of the word Blargh.

One main reason is that one of my few friends has moved away. Yep, that would be Dane; and it should help answer your question as to what the hell happened to him. He finished his work term at the local paper last week and moved on to his first "real" job with a paper in North Battleford, Saskatchewan. As for me? It's back to being Ol' Lonesome Joel. Dammit! Now I have no one to watch Kids in the Hall and Mr. Show with, and my cats are thoroughly sick of every episode. Where does that leave me? Bah. Bah! A pox on Dane Lutz and his heathen need for money! [grumbling]

As for the rest? Well, I don't think I can put it into words. But don't let out a sigh of relief just yet; you're not getting off that easy. I've chosen a song that pretty much sums up my entire state of existence and tweaked it a little to better represent the Joelness at its core. The artiste behind it? None other than Fat Lip, proud owner of the best music video ever made.

Feeling downtrodden
Fresh kid turned rotten
I can't believe all the heat that I've gotten
Over the years it seems like I'm getting dumber
Reminiscing to a time when I was younger with a hunger
Full of dreams, determination, self-esteem
But now it seems they hesitate to be on my team
You know the routine
when you're winning and grinning
All up in your face
Like they were with you from the beginning
But on the flipside
When you're washed up like a riptide
People laugh about how you slipped and let things slide
Beside the fact
My blog is wack
Folks are running 'round, saying that I smoke crack
Don't have anybody that's watching my back
I've got no more fight
My game isn't tight
People who haven't seen me in a while
Are like "Dude, are you all right?"
Who am I kiddin', who do I fool
When they ask me "What's up Joel?" and I say "It's cool."
Who am I kiddin', who do I fool
When they ask me "What's up Joel?" and I say "It's cool."