9/20/2004

Hello, Allison!

Sigh. Does it get any better than a song about a love-sick convenience store clerk?

Anyhoo, I'm back at work after three days off; and as you can imagine, I'm as giddy as can be. Really! I'm not kidding! Stop laughing at me! You guys are sucky bastards. Bah! However, I've noticed a lot of sullen faces coming to the counter this afternoon, and I find that disturbing. I mean, it's Monday! There was some light snowfall this morning! How can it get any better than that? I have no idea what's causing this malaise, nor can I ever hope to know. The question troubling my brain is this: Is it going to become an epidemic? Well, I would not like to see it come to that, so I'm going to inoculate you lucky readers against terminal sulkiness before it starts to spread. Yep, it's that time again! It's time for yet another stupid list: Joel's Favourite Cinematic Comedic Moments! And there's another benefit to this: I can get away with writing a half-assed post.



  • Chasing Amy - Holden's seductive dance before he finds out Alyssa's sexual orientation.

  • Zoolander - Garry Shandling's cameo.

  • Zoolander - For that matter, Billy Zane's cameo.

  • Out Cold - "He was loving it strong!"

  • The Wrong Guy - Nelson's attempt to board a moving train.

  • The Wrong Guy - "My name is Jones. Enema Bag Jones."

  • BASEketball - The "reunion" party the hapless heroes attend at the beginning.

  • Ghost World - Gerrold attempting to score with Rebecca at the record party.

  • Ghost World - Doug the Nunchuk Mullet Man.

  • Bottle Rocket - Robbing the bookstore.

  • Rushmore - The "Oh Yoko" montage.

And that's my list. Which contains everything that comes to mind at the moment. Sad, isn't it? Oh, and just to let you, if anybody were to take this idea and use it for their own blog, it would not break my heart.